Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Infuriating

I don't even know if I spelled that right. At the moment I'm to much in a tizzy to care. Do you know what just burns my cinnamon rolls (because I like them more than biscuits) ? Buying a new author and having the book turn out horrid. I bought two new books both historical in theme. Both sucked. The first one I couldn't even get to the third chapter. The second one I managed to finish all the while wishing I could take it back. I really just want to throw it away as opposed to giving it to a thrift store or half priced books. No one should be forced to read that crap. Maybe one day I'll do a review on the second book as I have quite a bit to say bout it. Hmm... something to consider.
Now what really steams me is reading a horrid book from a favorite author. Now I know that not every book is going to be a winner, but damn I hate when a streak is broken. When I type about this I am reffering to Ms. Eloisa James' book this duchess of mine (as pictured). What really pained me about this book is it was the first one in the series that i had picked up. I assumed that like many other series books I could just start reading without having read the preceding books. I was wrong. From jump I was lost. The first chaper was like walking into the middle of a play and having no idea who the characters are or even what the play was about. by the third chapter I put the book down and went on amazon to find some reviews to see if I was the only one who was having this problem. Apparently I was not. I didn't even bother reading it after going through a lot of the reviews. Apparently it was not one of her better books. Now usually that doesn't dissuade me from reading a book but I couldn't even get through the beginning. I still had very little idea what their relationship was before the book and frankly after pondering it I found that I really didn't care. Never a good sign in a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment